If you want to…
* see your friends graduate,
* earn extra money before summer begins,
* extend the stay in your residence hall until May 20 at no charge, and
* be part of a university tradition
…then a Commencement Student Staff position is right for you!
University Events is looking for student staffers to work at Commencement on the National Mall on Sunday, May 19.
Staff must have the following qualities:
* outgoing demeanor and pleasant disposition,
* good communication skills, and
* own a cell phone
Staff will be assigned important roles such as:
* greeting guests in a welcoming manner
* assisting guests and patrons with seating and provide information to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience, both inside and outside the venue. (This responsibility requires standing for long periods of time.)
* coordinating shuttles
* breaking down chairs. (This task includes lifting and stacking up to 30 pounds of equipment.)
* door/venue access control and crowd control
* other duties as assigned
Students who previously worked at Commencement on the National Mall will not need to interview again but may need to re-register with the Career Center. We will verify your employment status after you sign-up at http://bit.ly/WorkCommencement
Students who have never worked at Commencement on the National Mall should sign up for an interview at http://bit.ly/WorkCommencement
. Interviews will be held March 4-6 and 20-22 in the Cloyd Heck Marvin Center (800 21st Street, NW). An interview is not a guarantee of employment.
For more information about Commencement Student Staff, please contact University Events at 202-994-7129 or email@example.com
For more information about Commencement on the National Mall, please visit http://commencement.gwu.edu